Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Fanciful Flourishes

My order from One Crazy Stamper came today – and in it, the Fanciful Flourishes Set.  When I looked at the stamp set, the technique that came to mind was one that we learned from an SU Stamp Club and created by our uber-talented Cheryl. She is amazing!
Please forgive my photography for this one – the sponging looks so white, but in real life it is quite vibrant.  This one seemed to be the least washed out.
My card is 5” x 5” using SU cardstock:  Navy, Black, and Whisper White. Another layer was  blue glimmer paper from an unknown source.  I stamped the White with elements from  Fanciful Flourishes in Black Stazon .
Note:   (remember when using Stazon with acrylic stamps – clean your stamps right away with a good stamp cleaner that will condition your stamps). 
I then sponged the squares with Faded Jeans and Antique Linen Distress Inks.  The heart was stamped in Broken China and covered with Glossy Accents, sprinkling clear glitter on it while still wet.  I stamped a script stamp onto the white sponged pieces with Pumice Stone and layered.  The “With Love” sentiment, from the set,  was fussy cut and sponged to give dimension.
I added 3 clear Dew Drops, which were coloured with  Copic B39.
Hope you’ll give this technique a try – it has a very vintage dimensional look.  siggyhaycock
~ Rubber hugs, Inky wishes ~

3 comments:

  1. Madge, an awesome card. I will have to try that technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW is all I can say Madge, this card is just a stunner!!!! The colours and layout are terrific! Cheers, Lora Sinkler-Lake

    ReplyDelete