Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Greeting Farm--Retro Beauty

Awhile ago I saw a really cool black and White/sepia copic tutorial and this stamp just screamed retro to me.  I really wanted to try to make this look sepia colored with black matting like the older photos.  It was VERY easy to color this way once you had the right colors.  for the black and white photo look you need to use copics but all the grey C's and if you want the sepia look you use the gray W's (that's warm and cool tones).  For this I used all of the W's (W1, W3, W5, W7) for the skin I used E43, E41, E43.  these are pretty light earth tones and really help keep the look.  I used a scor-pal to make the grid on the background and some pretty kaiser rhinestones that are colored pink to give a hint of color.

The sentiment says with all my heart so I think this card really qualifies for this months "LOVE" challenge.  Have you played along???  This theme is really fun because love cards just make people happy!  You have until the end of February to enter so hopefully you found some fun inspiration! 

Supplies: Copics (W1, W3, W5, W7, E40, E41, E43), Rhinestones, The Greeting Farm (Cheeky Beauty), Scor-Pal

4 comments:

  1. Oeh, this is lovely! The colors are really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant! Love the coloring ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo hoo...this is awesome Lisa! I totally love the retro look! Cheers, Lora Sinkler-Lake www.crazystamper.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, this is absolutely so awesome. Love what you did with the black and sepia copics

    ReplyDelete