Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Comfort Food And A Tutorial

It's November already - where has the year gone!?! which means cooler weather. Time to pull out the comfy, cozy sweaters (for the dog too!) and my favourite comfort food recipes. 

My mom makes the best apple crisp out there! I grew up making this tummy warming dessert for my family. When I saw the "Apple Pie Mouse" stamp from the new Fall/Winter release from High Hopes Stamps, I knew he would be perfect to make a card that could share one of my fav comfort foods of fall. 






I have done a tutorial on my version of a criss cross card - it is quite picture heavy so I have done a separate post for it - here's the link if you would like to take a look and give it a try. 

I coloured my image and cut it out using a classic circle die. After cutting out my card base I finished it off with patterned paper and a border cut with a die. The recipe itself was typed up on my computer and then decorated using matching patterned papers. An apple brad (gifted to me from a very special crafty friend ) and some ribbon are the finishing touches. 

Card Recipe
Stamp: Apple Pie Mouse (SS024) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: from my stash
Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic XpressIt Apple Brad - Eyelet Outlet, Celebrate It Ribbon

Spectrum Noir Markers used: CR7 CR11 DR6 TN1 EB1 EB2 PP1 PP3 PP5 EB6 EB5 CG4 DG3 1G2 1G5 TN3 TN5 TN7


Our November Challenge is Fall/Winter Fun and there is a sketch to get your creative juices flowing. There are still a few days left! Click here to play along - we can't wait to see what your create!

Here's the sketch



If you need High Hopes Stamps or crafting supplies you can find them at 


Thanks for stopping by! Have a fantastic day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment